A lot of us have been saving money to treat our loved ones during this festive season. This is a great opportunity to express our love and gratitude for special people in our life.
- Wellbeing Box – I got one of these from my dear friend for my Birthday this year. It was a woven straw box, filled with yummy organic goodies such as teas, chocolate, wine, honey and a soy wax candle. You can make it your own, do a mix of edible and non-edible goods, get creative!
- Reusable Wrap – Cling film can be nice and handy to wrap sandwiches and cover pots of food, but it just adds to the plastic burden! These alternative beeswax wraps can be a very nice solution for your eco-warrior friend. I personally own Abeego beeswax wraps and I love them!
- Reusable Coffee Cup – For coffee lovers or tea lovers. This cup will serve them all and just as above, will help to reduce our disposable plastic consumption. Check out Keep Cup ones, there is also an option to customise your cup, how awesome is this?
- Reusable Straw Set – For those smoothie and cocktail lovers, check Eco Strawz. From glass, steel to wheat and bamboo, way much better alternative to plastic ones!
- Reusable Lunch Box + Cutlery Set – Don’t get me wrong, I love eating outside and trying different cuisines. But during a busy day at work it is not always convenient to grab a meal on time, right? This gift may encourage your loved one to come already prepared for such occasions. They can even eat at their desk, not ideal but much better than skipping a meal! Check out Slice of Green for their selection.
- 100% Recycled Swimwear – This one is definitely on my own wish list! Batoco swimwear is made from 100% recycled plastic waste that would have otherwise been headed for landfill and oceans.
- Environmentally Friendly Sneakers – Veja is all about transparency, organic materials and fair trade sourcing. Their sneakers are made with raw materials sourced from organic farming and ecological agriculture, without chemicals or polluting processes. Modern, very stylish with a variety of choice for men, women and kids. They are super comfy too!
- Toilet Roll Subscription – Not the most romantic gift, maybe then leave it for your bestie! Who Gives A Crap made toilet paper from 100% bamboo and recycled paper, just to name a few but they also do not use any inks, dyes or synthetic scents. Most importantly they donate 50% of their profit to help build toilets for those in need.
- Eco-friendly Period Options – Yes, again this is just for your bestie or someone openminded! Imagine how much pads and tampons we dispose of in our lifetime? Also, most of them are loaded with synthetic fragrances and other toxic substances, not mentioning the plastic again. There are alternative, more eco-friendly and reusable options such as Period Cups, Sanitary Pads and Period-proof Underwear. Check Mooncup, TotsBots and Thinx.
- Bicycle – I could also put an electric car here but I decided to stop on the bicycle! I think this fits into a wellbeing category for the user and for our planet. One of my latest discovery is this Latvian brand Materia. They made beautiful and super-lightweight bikes out of wood. My husband would definitely appreciate this beauty.
Whatever your gift is, I think the most import is to be present in your loved ones life, rather than give presents to compensate this.
Wishing you a very special Christmas! May this Festive Season bring much happiness, love and joy!
Rejuvenate, relax, count your blessings and be ready to meet the New Year!