With the Festive Season just around the corner and all the end of the year project deadlines and duties, it is very easy to leave presents for last minute, right?
Every year shop shelves get filled with convenient gift sets to help us ticking off this task from our “to do” list. This can be a nice option, but definitely not for those who are looking to make a meaningful gift.
I wanted to share with you some of my tips that can be useful for choosing a special treat for your friends and loved ones this season. One of them and a very important one is, like with everything else, not to leave it to last minute 🙂
- Think about the person, what they enjoy doing for their leisure, do they have a passion or a hobby? Try to recap some experiences, memories they have shared with you, maybe you get some ideas and inspiration from there?
- How about getting an experience or a ticket to visit botanical gardens, some entertaining event, exhibition, membership or a music gig? This could also be a good opportunity to share time together perhaps? Or fulfill some crazy idea like bungee jump? That would be fun!
- Short/taster courses, workshops and online courses. I think these days we are spoilt by the education choice – which is totally awesome! Did you know that this can also be life-changing? I studied accounting at university and at one point I was working as a business analyst. However, I always had beauty and wellness were always as my passion. Once I mentioned a skincare making course to Dany, which I found online, and then completely forgot about it. A few months later it was my birthday and as a gift I received a voucher which I used towards this course! This was only the beginning of my career change and starting Lena Wild.
- Who doesn’t enjoy a relaxing pampering session? I don’t think I’ve met someone who doesn’t enjoy a SPA session or a massage. Have you? I doubt you can go wrong with this one. Living a fast paced lifestyles, a relaxation time is mandatory for our health and wellbeing. Treat someone for a manicure, pedicure or a reflexology session? Again, this could be a good opportunity to spend time together with the loved one.
- Get an eco-friendly, thoughtful and long serving gift for your eco warrior friend! If you are still searching and want to give a physical gift you can buy something that will not only serve your loved one but will also carry a message, like a reusable water bottle or coffee cup. I have made a list of my favourites here!
I think we should use the power of our money spent during the Christmas to cast our votes on the kind of world we want to live and raise our children in. The best way to do it, in my opinion is to choose independent, organic, sustainable, fair-trade, local and ethical.
I hope you enjoy all the preparations and planning for this special time with your family and friends. Or if you celebrate it alone, take this time to relax, reflect and focus on gratitude.